From the Airports:
From Kansai International Airport (KIX) to Guesthouse Chayama:
1. Take the JR 'Haruka' Kansai-Airport Rapid Service bound for Kyoto Station (1hr 15 minutes).
2. From Kyoto Station, take one of the options listed below to get to Guesthouse Hanamiya.
Click here for more information on the JR 'Haruka' Kansai-Airport Rapid Service
From Osaka (Itami) Airport
Take the Osaka Airport Limousine to Kyoto station at North terminal Bus Stop No.5 or South terminal Bus Stop No.15. (50-55minutes)
Osaka Airport Limousine information here
Take the Osaka Monorail bound for Kadoma from Osaka Airport station.
After only one stop, alight at Hotarugaike (3 minutes)
Transfer to the Hankyu Railway Takarazuka Line Express for Umeda (3 stops -15 minutes)
Transfer to the JR Kyoto Line Special Rapid Service bound for Maibara or Tsuruga and alight at Kyoto station.
Osaka Monorail information here
Hankyu Railway information here
From Kyoto Station:
Approx 20 minutes
Please take a taxi from the taxi rank outside Kyoto Station's Central Exit (You will be able to see Kyoto Tower).
1. From Kyoto station, take the local Nara line train. After only one stop, alight at Toufukuji (3 minutes).
2. Transfer to the Keihan Main Line Sub-EXP for Demachiyanagi (6 stops - 11 minutes).
3. Transfer to the Eizan Electric Railway Eizan line bound for Yasehieizanguchi or Kurama (2 stops - 3 minutes) and alight at Chayama Station. From there it's only a short two-minute walk to Guesthouse Chayama.
From Kyoto Station go to the D2 section of the bus terminus, located front right from the central exit. Take city bus #206 bound for Kitaoji Bus Terminal via Kiyomizu Dera Temple and get off at Tanaka Okubocho.
PLEASE NOTE: The #206 Kyoto City bus runs in a loop in both clockwise and anti-clockwise directions. Clockwise #206 buses leave from bus stand A3 and anti-clockwise #206 buses depart from bus stand D2. Be sure to catch the anti-clockwise #206 bus from bus stand D2.
From Osaka City to Guesthouse Chayama:
1. From Yodoyabashi station in central Osaka, take the Keihan Main line Ltd. Exp. (Rapid) for Demachiyanagi (approximately 43 minutes).
2. Leave Demachiyanagi station from exit number 7 and transfer to the Eizan Electric Railway line.
3. Take the first departing train (2 stops - 3 minutes) and alight at Chayama Station. From there it's only a short two-minute walk to Guesthouse Chayama.